Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Losing Weight and Body Positivity.

Recently, in my efforts to lose weight, I have heard a lot of things and seen a lot of things that do not make sense to me. "You are not body positive if you are trying to lose weight," so apparently there is this idea that body positivity is only about loving yourself as you are in this moment and never wanting to change that. I am all for loving yourself no matter what, but since when did trying to better yourself mean you do not love yourself? In my opinion I feel more body positive when I am healthy, making healthy choices and doing what is best for my health and body. Wanting to make yourself better does not mean you hate yourself now. I am making changes in my life because I love myself and I want to be healthy. I don't want medical issues that can be prevented just by losing some weight; I want to live a long prosperous life. To me that is the most body positive I can be. Now I know everyone has their definition of body positivity and you may not agree with mine, but it's important to let everyone love themselves the way they want to. If you are perfectly content with how you are then that's awesome! You are body positive, If you love yourself and want to change yourself to do what is best for you then that is great! You are body positive. Being body positive is about loving your body and yourself. No matter how you do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment