Friday, February 12, 2016

Weight loss Journey and Lifestyle Changes.

It has been a really long time since I have posted on here! Life has been hectic. Being a full time college student and working part time can really fill up your schedule quick!

Today, I wanted to talk about my weight loss journey and my lifestyle changes. I am just beginning on this journey. Now that I am full heartedly dedicated to changing my life I feel like I should document my whole journey.

 For a few months now, I have been working at getting used to a gluten free lifestyle and I've also started working out. My gluten free dieting has not been perfect, but this is something I need to do. I have been experimenting with different menu plans and items that I can make staples in my gluten free lifestyle. I feel like, over time, gluten has been present because I make up some kind of excuse as to why I can eat gluten that day and that I can just pick up the diet again tomorrow. Gluten does not work like that. It takes time for you body to be able to rid itself of all the consumed gluten. Eating one thing containing gluten can throw the whole process out of whack; I know this now. Eliminating gluten helps me personally feel so much better. The symptoms I have from Hashimoto's autoimmune disorder  seem to lessen when I cut out gluten. Even eliminating gluten for just one day, I can feel a huge difference, But the second I consume it again I feel like garbage. So now is the time I eliminate gluten for good!

Recently, my boyfriend and I have started working out. Working out feels great, as long as you do it! I haven't been holding myself accountable to working out everyday, but I am going to start now! Exercising is a key component to a healthy lifestyle change, and I know it is something I need to do, and often. If I want to lose weight to get down to a healthy point, I know I need to focus on having good nutrition and exercising.

Right now I am beginning my weight loss journey. There are many reasons I would like to lose weight. Mainly, I would like to lose weight because I need to. I would like to lose weight because I know it is whats best for my body. I want to lose weight because I love myself. I love myself too much to keep on living my unhealthy lifestyle. Losing weight means that my thyroid medication will be absorbed better into my body and will work better for me. Losing weight means I won't feel so ill all the time because of the junk I put in my body and because of the symptoms I experience having had Thyroid cancer. This means I can live peacefully knowing I did something to better myself, so I don't have to worry all the time if I'm going to develop a heart condition or diabetes. I want to lose weight because I want to live a long life and a happier one. Now that I am starting my weight loss journey I will document my progress every step of the way. I'll have a reason to blog more often and hold myself accountable.

My goals for documenting my journey is to blog my entire journey. I would like to share healthy recipes, exercises I am enjoying and weekly progress updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment